Countdown to Jen's Dissertation Defense: April 1, 2005

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

60 days left


Chapter 2: Social Networks

The Journal paper version was sent back without review from Social Networks because it is apparently too basic for that audience. I'll have to look for a computer science outlet and present it in more of a web context.

Chapter 6: Blah blah blah

Finally, I've finished the analysis of trust and length and their effect on accuracy. I wrote 1250 words today to complete this section, along with a lot of code to generate some big tables of data. This will be the longest chapter, without a doubt. It's already 17 pages and I haven't presented the algorithm of the results from running it yet. This has the potential to be a good journal article, except that I think it will be too long even for that.

Tomorrow I may have to dedicate to other things that need to be done - an overdue book chapter, grading assignments, and writing the talk I have to give Wednesday. All of this is time sensitive, but hopefully it will only take up the day part of my day, leaving me the night part of my day for more dissertation work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home