Countdown to Jen's Dissertation Defense: April 1, 2005

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

67 days left

Chapter 6: Continuous networks

Today, I set up and (re)conducted the first set of experiments that will form the foundation of this chapter. I took each node, looked at each of its neighbors, and calculated the difference between the node's rating and the neighbor's rating of common neighbors. Each data point contained the rating of the neighbor and the difference. I sorted by the rating of the neighbor node to see the correlation between trust rating and differnece. The results there look good with a nice linear increase in accuracy. I randomized the ratings and did the same thing and it shows no correlation. This is also good.

I need to think about how this can be carried out more steps. There needs to be a way to check this over distance, as well.


Chapter 3: Trust
Submitted this to IJCAI

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home