Countdown to Jen's Dissertation Defense: April 1, 2005

Saturday, January 29, 2005

63 days left

Yet another unproductive day today. There are just other things I have to get done like bathing, the most rudimentary house cleaning (i.e. after 4 days, the dishes REALLY shouldn't be in the sink), and today dealing with a mouse in the house and a leaking faucet.

Chapter 6: Continuous Networks


I ran a few more sets of experiments and put together the (finally) correct data for length 3 paths. However, it was not coherent with averages that jump around and wildly varying numbers of data points (sometimes only 4 and other times over 400 with no correlation to the parameters). It seems that this is probably due to the connectance because of the small world network. So I've started writing up this description for the path length section. About 337 words so far. I'll have issue pretty well justified but eventually I'll still have to come up with something to suggest how path length will affect accuracy (or a good reason to ignore it). I could potentially justify this with the definition of trust similar to the transitivity argument from chapter 2. This is something I'll have to think more about.

Chapter 4: Background

Read a couple of important papers on this list. They didn't have all that much relevant stuff.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home