Countdown to Jen's Dissertation Defense: April 1, 2005

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

46 days left

Chapter 7: FilmTrust

Today I did a comparison of the trust based accuracy with the accuracy of recommendations using an automated collaborative filtering algorithm based on pearson correlations. The ACF followed the mean while the accuracy from trust stayed high. This is excellent because it shows that in the context of my example, trust outperforms the traditional methods. I am going to stop with this one example because it is a classis ACF algorithm, and my goal is not to show that i'm better than all of them, but that I'm not worse.

Wrote 555 words to conclude that result and also write up the theoretical basis for the review ranking.

Chapter 6: Continuous Algorithms

Tried the correlation ACF for trust ratings. The basic run is not showing a significant difference between mine and theirs. I need to look a bit deeper at this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home