Countdown to Jen's Dissertation Defense: April 1, 2005

Saturday, February 12, 2005

49 days left

Chapter 1: Introduction

Finished. Sent to Jim. It's a short one - 4 pages, 1500 words, but it needed to be done and it is.

Chapter 8:TrustMail

Done. FINALLY. This chapter has been sitting for days waiting for only a few numbers because I was rushing to run the code and it was running with errors. I finally figured out a way to randomly select some points to make it more efficient while still giving pretty good results. I corrected all the errors after a seemingly endless series of stupid bugs, and got the results i was looking for. I also sent this one off to Jim tonight.


At this point, I have 5 chapters finished. Of the ones remaining, chapter 4(background), 9(conclusion), and 10(future work) are just writing - they don't require any real intellectual work. Chapter 6 (continuous networks) is waiting for a comparison with other implementations. Chapter 7 (FilmTrust) is waiting for a user study on the effect of ordering reviews. In reality, if it came down to it, I think the dissertation would pass even without the parts missing from chapter 6 and 7. I'm going to finish them, but if I were pressed, I could have a draft of the whole thing done in a week. This is a great relief because I know now that it's not an issue to get everything completed in time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home