Countdown to Jen's Dissertation Defense: April 1, 2005

Thursday, February 10, 2005

51 days left

Chapter 4: Background and related work

I completed the section on P2P trust applications, including the citations needed for that. That only amounted to 100 words or so, but it requried some reading and at least now that section is finished.

Chapter 8: TrustMail

The code ran to completion, looked nice, and then I realized that I computed things backwards. Yet again, I need to re-run the code. It's completing in about 12 hours, though, so I really honestly should be able to finish the chapter tomorrow. I did add to the previous work section to cite Pattie Maes work on email filtering (she's my host at the MIT media lab in a few weeks). Another about 100 words here.

Chapter 6

Well, no luck with the EigenTrust implementation yet. I certainly have enough to explain why it won't work for these sorts of tasks, but really a working implementation would be a lot better. In a couple days I'll give this another shot, but there is just some information I'm missing to make it work.

Richardson, et al is also proving difficult. *MY* papers included pesudocode. Producing a working implementation from these papers is not easy, and I would &heart; some pseudocode to work from.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home