Countdown to Jen's Dissertation Defense: April 1, 2005

Monday, February 14, 2005

47 days left

Chapter 7: FilmTrust

I finished reading all of the background papers on recommender systems. Frankly, the ones I read today didn't have much to offer, but it's good that I've read them. I did some experiments on rank correlation, but they didn't offer much and I don't know how useful that would have been anway. I analyzed the database and, to complete the FilmTrust chapter, I need more reviews. I emailed all the members about that and hopefully I'll get more data from that.

I also found code for one of the better recommender systems that I read about. I've struggled trying to get the mySql database installed and running on my computer. That will probably be one of tomorrow's projects since it will allow me to complete one of the comparisons I'd like to have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home